- PC + Power Cable
- Monitor + Power Cable
- Video Cable (VGA/DVI Etc)
- USB Cable for your monitor if required
- Mouse Mat
- 4way power adapter to plug PC + Monitor into (you get 1 UK power port per desk only)
- Security Kit/Cable to make sure nothing gets stolen
- You shouldn’t need a network cable as there is one run to each desk
- If you’re bringing a laptop then make sure you have power supply & stand if you need one.
- In addtion to the above you can plug in a phone charger, but thats about it – no fans/fridges/hair dryers etc
Before you leave from home:
- Set your steam location to “LAN Event (Europe)”
- Make sure you have some Anti-virus & Firewall software up to date and working (or at least turn on windows firewall) as you get an external IP not private NAT IP.
- Turn off filesharing in windows (setting the LAN network to ‘Public’ in windows 7 when you get there should do this) and any file sharing/torrrent programs you might have
- Update windows and any games you might want to play
- Take a backup of any key data in case your pc takes damage during transport.
- Move/Secure any sensitive data and dont leave yourself logged into internet banking just in case.
- Put a password on your windows login and lock your pc when away
- It’s advisable to also put a password on your BIOS and disable booting from CD/DVD/USB to ensure your computer is harder to compromise.
- Bring any disks if games need them in to play.
- Its worth bringing windows reinstall disk and any non-steam game serial keys just in case you need to reinstall something.
- For international players: disable roaming on your phone, or completely disable your internet data plan, to avoid costly charges when in the U.K.
- Tent + tent pegs!
- Sleeping bag
- Mat/Airbed etc
- Gear for BBQ/Utensils etc
- Toiletries (charge any shavers/electric toothbrushes etc)
- Clothes (Get your UKCS shirts)
- Camera (remember to upload any good photos you get to the UKCS@LAN facebook page!)
- Batteries for anything that needs them, inc wireless keyboards/mice
- Keys to get back home
- Wallet + Money
- Glasses/Contact Lenses if needed (plus cleaner)
- Screwdriver in case something comes loose in your pc during transport.
- Photo ID + Ticket Number to check in
- Any travel/train/plane tickets or booking confirmations
- A Map or postcode for satnav of how to get to the International Center
- You can bring soft drinks or food into the venue, but no alchol. Bear in mind there is nowhere to refrigerate anything, so dont bring lots of perishables.
- If camping then you can take alcohol into the camping area