Submit a caption
Win Insomnia 46 Tickets
We here at UKCS are nothing if not giving (and some may say, loveable) guys, and to prove it in the best possible way, Xerxes and Trell have kindly purchased 2 BYOC tickets as prizes for the upcoming Summer Lan; Insomnia 46. As you may have noticed, UKCS are descending on this Lan en masse, and we want to give you a chance to visit too!
In order to enter this competition, all we ask you to do is to leave a comment on this very page with the wittiest caption you can come up with to this image:
As above, the closing date for entries is Saturday 7th April at 9pm (GMT). Once all entries are collected, a panel of 3 impartial judges will decide on 10 shortlisted winning entries. These 10 will then go on to a public vote, with the top 2 entries winning a ticket to i46 each. The judging panel will consist of TC (President of UKCS), Byte (TF2 guru and world renown caster) and Torden (owner of VanillaTF2).
There are a few rules that you need to take note of, which you can find by clicking this link – The more important ones are:
- In the event of highly similar entries, all posted later than the earliest will not be entered – check to see if someone has submitted something like your idea first.
- Only one entry per person (so put some thought in before posting!).
- Each ticket is Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC) for the full event and includes 1 seat in the UKCS Clanbox. Seating assignment to the Clanbox cannot be changed. EAS can be purchased on the day of arrival if you wish (15 GBP extra).
- Travel costs and accommodation are not included.
- You must be available to attend i46 (23rd – 27th August 2012).
Get your captioning hats on, and good luck!
- Prizes are representative of two “Bring Your Own Computer” (BYOC) tickets to Insomnia 46 (23rd – 27th August 2012) and include the cover charge for entry into the UKCS Clanbox at i46. Seating is non-transferable and cannot be changed from the Clanbox.
- To enter the competition, entrants must leave a comment on this page via the comment box at the bottom; this requires having a Facebook account.
- All entrants must be over 18. Under 18′s will not be able to enter the event without parental permission.
- Each entrant may only submit one (1) entry; the first chronological entry will be considered and subsequent ones will be disqualified from entry.
- In the case of similar or exact duplicate entries, only the first chronological entry will be entered, all subsequent entries will be disqualified from entry.
- To claim a prize, entrants must have registered an account with Multiplay so that ticket IDs can be transferred digitally.
- Prizes do not include any travel expenses or accommodation costs. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to organise accommodation and travel arrangements.
- Judging will take place in two rounds. The first will be an impartial panel formed of TC, Byte and Torden. The panel will shortlist 10 entries. The entrants whose entries have been chosen will be contacted to ensure they are available during i46 (23rd – 27th August). If shortlisted entrants are unavailable to attend then reserve entrants will be contacted. The final 10 confirmed shortlisted entries will then go to public vote. The two top winning entries will be awarded the prizes. In the event of a tie situation during the public vote, the judging panel will decide on the winner.
- The 10 shortlisted entrants will be announced as soon as possible after the entry period ends and will be placed in a public voting period of one (1) week. The two (2) entries with the most votes after a period of one (1) week will be announced as the winners. In the event of a tie situation, the judging panel will decide the winning entry.
- If you are already own a ticket for i46 and you win a ticket with this competition, you may not refund your prior ticket. Instead you may nominate another player of your choosing to receive the ticket instead.
- Entrants must be available to attend Insomnia 46 (i46) on the 23rd to 27th August 2012.